The village of Montsoreau with its impressive Chateau de Montsoreau has been revealed as the entry from Pays de la Loire region to participate in French television channel France 2’s TV show “Le village préféré des Français” – France’s Favourite Village.
The television programme will air in June and is a contest among 22 French villages, with one village having been chosen from each of France’s 22 regions. Each contestant village will be presented in the form of a post-card and television viewers can vote for their favourite French village.
Montsoreau, situated a short distance east of Saumur along the river Loire, already hold the awards of Petite cité de caractère (little town of character) and, in addition, is officially rated “une des plus beaux villages de France,” one of the most beautiful villages in France.
Some of Montsoreau’s most attractive features are the 15th century Chateau de Montsoreau, towering high above the Loire, France’s ‘royal river’, the villages narrow streets and its ancient troglodyte cave dwellings.
There is no doubt that Montsoreau is one of the jewels in Pays de la Loire’s crown but in the upcoming contest it will face stiff competition from some of the most attractive villages in France.
You can cast your vote for Montsoreau on this page on the France 2 website.
The full list of entries to France’s Favourite Village comprises:
- Angles-sur-L’Angelin (Poitou-Charentes)
- Apremont-sur-Allier (Centre)
- Barfleur (Basse-Normandie)
- Baume-les-Messieurs (Franche-Comté)
- Les Baux de Provence (Provence-Alpes-Cȏte-d’Azur)
- Le Bec Hellouin (Haute-Normandie)
- Beynac-et-Cazenac (Aquitaine)
- Collonges-la-Rouge (Limousin)
- Essoyes (Champagne-Ardennes)
- Gerberoy (Picardy)
- Maroilles (Nord-Pas-de-Calais)
- Montsoreau (Pays de la Loire)
- Piana (Corsica)
- Riquewihr (Alsace)
- La Roche Guyon (Ile-de-France)
- Rodemack (Lorraine)
- Saint-Cirq-Lapopie (Midi-Pyrénées)
- Saint-Guilhem-le-Désert (Langudoc-Roussillon)
- Saint-Suliac (Brittany)
- Salers (Auvergne)
- Vézelay (Burgundy)
- Yvoire (Rhȏne-Alpes)
HiFx Foreign Exchange Brokers to assist with your move to Pays de la Loire